The purpose of the Graduate Program in Computer Science (PPGCC) is to train masters and doctors in Computer Science with a broad knowledge of the area as a whole and the particulars of their field, who will also do internationally-renowned high-quality research of technological, economic, and social relevance.
The specific goals are:
- Act with academic rigor in all fundamental areas of Computer Science;
- Offer basic and advanced graduate courses in the areas covered by the program;
- Conduct internationally-renowned high-quality research;
- Publish research results in renowned high-impact quality forums;
- Promote the internationalization of the program through activities such as technical visits to the UFMG and foreign institutions alike, and through courses taught by guest professors;
- Generate technologically, economically, and socially relevant results that can be passed on to industry and society alike;
- Interact with other programs and teaching and research institutions in the construction of multi and transdisciplinary knowledge.